Definition of 'elaborate'
You searched for elaborates
- add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing; "She elaborated on the main ideas in her dissertation"
Synonyms: lucubrate expatiate exposit enlarge flesh out expand expound dilate
Antonyms: abridge foreshorten abbreviate shorten cut contract reduce
- produce from basic elements or sources; change into a more developed product; "The bee elaborates honey"
- make more complex, intricate, or richer; "refine a design or pattern"
Synonyms: complicate refine rarify
- work out in detail; "elaborate a plan"
Synonyms: work out
- marked by complexity and richness of detail; "an elaborate lace pattern"
- developed or executed with care and in minute detail; "a detailed plan"; "the elaborate register of the inhabitants prevented tax evasion"- John Buchan; "the carefully elaborated theme"
Synonyms: detailed elaborated