Definition of 'establishment'
- the act of forming something; "the constitution of a PTA group last year"; "it was the establishment of his reputation"; "he still remembers the organization of the club"
Synonyms: constitution formation organization organisation
- an organization founded and united for a specific purpose
- the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
Synonyms: administration governance governing body brass organization organisation
- a public or private structure (business or governmental or educational) including buildings and equipment for business or residence
- any large organization
- (ecology) the process by which a plant or animal becomes established in a new habitat
- the cognitive process of establishing a valid proof