Definition of 'execute'
- kill as a means of socially sanctioned punishment; "In some states, criminals are executed"
Synonyms: put to death
- murder in a planned fashion; "The Mafioso who collaborated with the police was executed"
- put in effect; "carry out a task"; "execute the decision of the people"; "He actioned the operation"
Synonyms: carry through accomplish carry out action fulfill fulfil
- carry out the legalities of; "execute a will or a deed"
- carry out a process or program, as on a computer or a machine; "Run the dishwasher"; "run a new program on the Mac"; "the computer executed the instruction"
- carry out or perform an action; "John did the painting, the weeding, and he cleaned out the gutters"; "the skater executed a triple pirouette"; "she did a little dance"
Synonyms: perform do
- sign in the presence of witnesses; "The President executed the treaty"