Definition of 'formation'
- an arrangement of people or things acting as a unit; "a defensive formation"; "a formation of planes"
- a particular spatial arrangement
- the fabrication of something in a particular shape
- the act of forming something; "the constitution of a PTA group last year"; "it was the establishment of his reputation"; "he still remembers the organization of the club"
Synonyms: constitution establishment organization organisation
- (geology) the geological features of the earth
Synonyms: geological formation
- natural process that causes something to form; "the formation of gas in the intestine"; "the formation of crystals"; "the formation of pseudopods"
- creation by mental activity; "the formation of sentences"; "the formation of memories"