Definition of 'glossy'
- a magazine printed on good quality paper
Synonyms: slick slick magazine
- a photograph that is printed on smooth shiny paper
- having a smooth, gleaming surface; "glossy auburn hair"; "satiny gardenia petals"; "sleek black fur"; "silken eyelashes"; "silky skin"; "a silklike fabric"; "slick seals and otters"
Synonyms: satiny sleek silken silky silklike slick
- (of paper and fabric and leather) having a surface made smooth and glossy especially by pressing between rollers; "calendered paper"; "a dress of glossy sateen"
- reflecting light; "glistening bodies of swimmers"; "the horse's glossy coat"; "lustrous auburn hair"; "saw the moon like a shiny dime on a deep blue velvet carpet"; "shining white enamel"
Synonyms: glistening lustrous sheeny shiny shining