Definition of 'grade'
- a body of students who are taught together; "early morning classes are always sleepy"
Synonyms: class form
- a relative position or degree of value in a graded group; "lumber of the highest grade"
Synonyms: level tier
- the gradient of a slope or road or other surface; "the road had a steep grade"
- one-hundredth of a right angle
- a degree of ablaut
- a number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance); "she made good marks in algebra"; "grade A milk"; "what was your score on your homework?"
Synonyms: mark score
- the height of the ground on which something stands; "the base of the tower was below grade"
Synonyms: ground level
- a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality; "a moderate grade of intelligence"; "a high level of care is required"; "it is all a matter of degree"
Synonyms: degree level
- a variety of cattle produced by crossbreeding with a superior breed
- assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
Synonyms: rate rank range order place
- level to the right gradient
- assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation; "grade tests"; "score the SAT essays"; "mark homework"
Synonyms: score mark
- determine the grade of or assign a grade to