Definition of 'gray'
You searched for grayest
- a neutral achromatic color midway between white and black
Synonyms: grayness grey greyness
- clothing that is a grey color; "he was dressed in grey"
- any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are grey; "the Confederate army was a vast grey"
- horse of a light gray or whitish color
- English poet best known for his elegy written in a country churchyard (1716-1771)
Synonyms: Thomas Gray
- American navigator who twice circumnavigated the globe and who discovered the Columbia River (1755-1806)
Synonyms: Robert Gray
- United States botanist who specialized in North American flora and who was an early supporter of Darwin's theories of evolution (1810-1888)
Synonyms: Asa Gray
- make grey; "The painter decided to grey the sky"
- turn grey; "Her hair began to grey"
- of an achromatic color of any lightness intermediate between the extremes of white and black; "the little grey cells"; "gray flannel suit"; "a man with greyish hair"
Synonyms: grey greyish grayish
- showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair; "whose beard with age is hoar"-Coleridge; "nodded his hoary head"
Synonyms: grey grey-haired gray-haired grey-headed gray-headed grizzly hoar hoary white-haired
- darkened with overcast; "a dark day"; "a dull sky"; "a grey rainy afternoon"; "grey clouds"; "the sky was leaden and thick"
Synonyms: dull grey leaden
- used to signify the Confederate forces in the American Civil War (who wore grey uniforms); "a stalwart grey figure"
- intermediate in character or position; "a grey area between clearly legal and strictly illegal"