Definition of 'green'
You searched for greenest
- green color or pigment; resembling the color of growing grass
Synonyms: greenness viridity
- a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area; "they went for a walk in the park"
Synonyms: park commons common
- United States labor leader who was president of the American Federation of Labor from 1924 to 1952 and who led the struggle with the Congress of Industrial Organizations (1873-1952)
Synonyms: William Green
- an environmentalist who belongs to the Green Party
- a river that rises in western Wyoming and flows southward through Utah to become a tributary of the Colorado River
Synonyms: Green River
- an area of closely cropped grass surrounding the hole on a golf course; "the ball rolled across the green and into the trap"
Synonyms: putting green
- any of various leafy plants or their leaves and stems eaten as vegetables
Synonyms: greens leafy vegetable
- street names for ketamine
Synonyms: K jet super acid special K honey oil cat valium super C
- turn or become green; "The trees are greening"
- of the color between blue and yellow in the color spectrum; similar to the color of fresh grass; "a green tree"; "green fields"; "green paint"
Synonyms: greenish light-green dark-green
- concerned with or supporting or in conformity with the political principles of the Green Party
- not fully developed or mature; not ripe; "unripe fruit"; "fried green tomatoes"; "green wood"
Synonyms: unripe unripened immature
Antonyms: ripe mature
- looking pale and unhealthy; "you're looking green"; "green around the gills"
- naive and easily deceived or tricked; "at that early age she had been gullible and in love"
Synonyms: fleeceable gullible