Definition of 'grind'
You searched for grinds
- an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or studying excessively
Synonyms: swot nerd wonk dweeb
- hard monotonous routine work
Synonyms: drudgery plodding donkeywork
- the act of grinding to a powder or dust
Synonyms: mill pulverization pulverisation
- press or grind with a crunching noise
Synonyms: crunch cranch craunch
- make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together; "grate one's teeth in anger"
- reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading; "grind the spices in a mortar"; "mash the garlic"
Synonyms: mash crunch bray comminute
- work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
Synonyms: labor labour toil fag travail drudge dig moil
- dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way, often while in contact with one's partner such that the dancers' legs are interlaced
- created by grinding; "grind designs into the glass bowl"
- shape or form by grinding; "grind lenses for glasses and cameras"