Definition of 'groom'
- a man participant in his own marriage ceremony
- someone employed in a stable to take care of the horses
Synonyms: stableman stableboy hostler ostler
- a man who has recently been married
- prepare (someone) for a future role or function; "He is grooming his son to become his successor"; "The prince was prepared to become King one day"; "They trained him to be a warrior"
Synonyms: prepare train
- give a neat appearance to; "groom the dogs"; "dress the horses"
Synonyms: dress curry
- care for one's external appearance; "He is always well-groomed"