Definition of 'grounds'
See also: ground
- your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief; "the evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling"
- the enclosed land around a house or other building; "it was a small house with almost no yard"
Synonyms: yard curtilage
- a tract of land cleared for some special purposes (recreation or burial etc.)
- a justification for something existing or happening; "he had no cause to complain"; "they had good reason to rejoice"
Synonyms: cause reason
- sediment that has settled at the bottom of a liquid
Synonyms: dregs settlings