Definition of 'growing'
See also: grow
- (biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level; "he proposed an indicator of osseous development in children"
Synonyms: growth maturation development ontogeny ontogenesis
- (electronics) the production of (semiconductor) crystals by slow crystallization from the molten state
- increasing in size or degree or amount; "her growing popularity"; "growing evidence of a world depression"; "a growing city"; "growing businesses"
- having or showing vigorous vegetal or animal life; "flourishing crops"; "flourishing chicks"; "a growing boy"; "fast-growing weeds"; "a thriving deer population"
Synonyms: flourishing thriving
- relating to or suitable for growth; "the growing season for corn"; "good growing weather"