Definition of 'grow'
You searched for grows
- pass into a condition gradually, take on a specific property or attribute; become; "The weather turned nasty"; "She grew angry"
- become larger, greater, or bigger; expand or gain; "The problem grew too large for me"; "Her business grew fast"
- increase in size by natural process; "Corn doesn't grow here"; "In these forests, mushrooms grow under the trees"; "her hair doesn't grow much anymore"
- cause to grow or develop; "He grows vegetables in his backyard"
- develop and reach maturity; undergo maturation; "He matured fast"; "The child grew fast"
Synonyms: mature maturate
- come into existence; take on form or shape; "A new religious movement originated in that country"; "a love that sprang up from friendship"; "the idea for the book grew out of a short story"; "An interesting phenomenon uprose"
Synonyms: originate arise rise develop uprise spring up
- cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques; "The Bordeaux region produces great red wines"; "They produce good ham in Parma"; "We grow wheat here"; "We raise hogs here"
Synonyms: raise farm produce
- come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes); "He grew a beard"; "The patient developed abdominal pains"; "I got funny spots all over my body"; "Well-developed breasts"
Synonyms: develop produce get acquire
- grow emotionally or mature; "The child developed beautifully in her new kindergarten"; "When he spent a summer at camp, the boy grew noticeably and no longer showed some of his old adolescent behavior"
- become attached by or as if by the process of growth; "The tree trunks had grown together"