Definition of 'guess'
You searched for guessed
- a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
Synonyms: conjecture supposition surmise surmisal speculation hypothesis
- an estimate based on little or no information
Synonyms: guesswork guessing shot dead reckoning
- expect, believe, or suppose; "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
Synonyms: think opine suppose imagine reckon
- put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation; "I am guessing that the price of real estate will rise again"; "I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong"
Synonyms: venture pretend hazard
- judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
Synonyms: estimate gauge approximate judge
- guess correctly; solve by guessing; "He guessed the right number of beans in the jar and won the prize"