Definition of 'guide'
- someone employed to conduct others
- someone who shows the way by leading or advising
- something that offers basic information or instruction
- a model or standard for making comparisons
Synonyms: template templet
- someone who can find paths through unexplored territory
Synonyms: scout pathfinder
- direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
Synonyms: steer maneuver manoeuver manoeuvre direct point head channelize channelise
- take somebody somewhere; "We lead him to our chief"; "can you take me to the main entrance?"; "He conducted us to the palace"
Synonyms: lead take direct conduct
- be a guiding force, as with directions or advice; "The teacher steered the gifted students towards the more challenging courses"
- use as a guide; "They had the lights to guide on"
Synonyms: guide on
- guide or pass over something; "He ran his eyes over her body"; "She ran her fingers along the carved figurine"; "He drew her hair through his fingers"
Synonyms: run draw pass