Definition of 'h'
- a nonmetallic univalent element that is normally a colorless and odorless highly flammable diatomic gas; the simplest and lightest and most abundant element in the universe
Synonyms: hydrogen atomic number 1
- a unit of inductance in which an induced electromotive force of one volt is produced when the current is varied at the rate of one ampere per second
- the constant of proportionality relating the energy of a photon to its frequency; approximately 6.626 x 10^-34 joule-second
Synonyms: Planck's constant
- the 8th letter of the Roman alphabet
Synonyms: letter h
- (thermodynamics) a thermodynamic quantity equal to the internal energy of a system plus the product of its volume and pressure; "enthalpy is the amount of energy in a system capable of doing mechanical work"
Synonyms: heat content total heat enthalpy