Definition of 'hack'
You searched for hacking
- one who works hard at boring tasks
Synonyms: drudge hacker
- a politician who belongs to a small clique that controls a political party for private rather than public ends
Synonyms: machine politician ward-heeler political hack
- a mediocre and disdained writer
Synonyms: hack writer literary hack
- a tool (as a hoe or pick or mattock) used for breaking up the surface of the soil
- a car driven by a person whose job is to take passengers where they want to go in exchange for money
Synonyms: cab taxi taxicab
- an old or over-worked horse
Synonyms: jade nag plug
- a horse kept for hire
- a saddle horse used for transportation rather than sport etc.
- cut with a hacking tool
- be able to manage or manage successfully; "I can't hack it anymore"; "she could not cut the long days in the office"
- cut away; "he hacked his way through the forest"
- kick on the arms
- kick on the shins
- fix a computer program piecemeal until it works; "I'm not very good at hacking but I'll give it my best"
Synonyms: hack on
- significantly cut up a manuscript
Synonyms: cut up
- cough spasmodically; "The patient with emphysema is hacking all day"