Definition of 'hale'
You searched for haled
- a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British; his last words were supposed to have been `I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country' (1755-1776)
Synonyms: Nathan Hale
- United States astronomer who discovered that sunspots are associated with strong magnetic fields (1868-1938)
Synonyms: George Ellery Hale
- prolific United States writer (1822-1909)
Synonyms: Edward Everett Hale
- to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means :"She forced him to take a job in the city"; "He squeezed her for information"
Synonyms: coerce squeeze pressure force
- draw slowly or heavily; "haul stones"; "haul nets"
Synonyms: haul cart drag
- exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health; "hale and hearty"; "whole in mind and body"; "a whole person again"