Definition of 'half'
- one of two equal parts of a divisible whole; "half a loaf"; "half an hour"; "a century and one half"
- in various games or performances: either of two periods of play separated by an interval
- consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity; "a half chicken"; "lasted a half hour"
- partial; "gave me a half smile"; "he did only a half job"
- (of siblings) related through one parent only; "a half brother"; "half sister"
- partially or to the extent of a half; "he was half hidden by the bushes"