Definition of 'hall'
You searched for halls
- an interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open; "the elevators were at the end of the hall"
- a large entrance or reception room or area
Synonyms: anteroom antechamber entrance hall foyer lobby vestibule
- a large room for gatherings or entertainment; "lecture hall"; "pool hall"
- a college or university building containing living quarters for students
Synonyms: dormitory dorm residence hall student residence
- the large room of a manor or castle
Synonyms: manor hall
- English writer whose novel about a lesbian relationship was banned in Britain for many years (1883-1943)
Synonyms: Radclyffe Hall Marguerite Radclyffe Hall
- United States child psychologist whose theories of child psychology strongly influenced educational psychology (1844-1924)
Synonyms: G. Stanley Hall Granville Stanley Hall
- United States chemist who developed an economical method of producing aluminum from bauxite (1863-1914)
Synonyms: Charles Martin Hall
- United States explorer who led three expeditions to the Arctic (1821-1871)
Synonyms: Charles Francis Hall
- United States astronomer who discovered Phobos and Deimos (the two satellites of Mars) (1829-1907)
Synonyms: Asaph Hall
- a large and imposing house
Synonyms: mansion mansion house manse residence
- a large building used by a college or university for teaching or research; "halls of learning"
- a large building for meetings or entertainment