Definition of 'halter'
You searched for halters
- rope or canvas headgear for a horse, with a rope for leading
- a rope that is used by a hangman to execute persons who have been condemned to death by hanging
Synonyms: hangman's rope hangman's halter hemp hempen necktie
- a woman's top that fastens behind the back and neck leaving the back and arms uncovered
- either of the rudimentary hind wings of dipterous insects; used for maintaining equilibrium during flight
Synonyms: haltere balancer
- hang with a halter
- prevent the progress or free movement of; "He was hampered in his efforts by the bad weather"; "the imperialist nation wanted to strangle the free trade between the two small countries"
Synonyms: hamper cramp strangle