Definition of 'hammer'
You searched for hammers
- the part of a gunlock that strikes the percussion cap when the trigger is pulled
- a hand tool with a heavy rigid head and a handle; used to deliver an impulsive force by striking
- the ossicle attached to the eardrum
- a heavy metal sphere attached to a flexible wire; used in the hammer throw
- a striker that is covered in felt and that causes the piano strings to vibrate
- a power tool for drilling rocks
Synonyms: power hammer
- the act of pounding (delivering repeated heavy blows); "the sudden hammer of fists caught him off guard"; "the pounding of feet on the hallway"
Synonyms: pound hammering pounding
- beat with or as if with a hammer; "hammer the metal flat"
- create by hammering; "hammer the silver into a bowl"; "forge a pair of tongues"