Definition of 'handicap'
You searched for handicapping
- the condition of being unable to perform as a consequence of physical or mental unfitness; "reading disability"; "hearing impairment"
Synonyms: disability disablement impairment
- advantage given to a competitor to equalize chances of winning
- something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
Synonyms: hindrance hinderance deterrent impediment balk baulk check
- injure permanently; "He was disabled in a car accident"
Synonyms: disable invalid incapacitate
- attempt to forecast the winner (especially in a horse race) and assign odds for or against a contestant
- put at a disadvantage; "The brace I have to wear is hindering my movements"
Synonyms: hinder hamper