Definition of 'handle'
- the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it; "he grabbed the hammer by the handle"; "it was an old briefcase but it still had a good grip"
Synonyms: grip handgrip hold
- be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
Synonyms: manage deal care
- interact in a certain way; "Do right by her"; "Treat him with caution, please"; "Handle the press reporters gently"
Synonyms: treat do by
- deal with verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
Synonyms: cover treat plow deal address
- touch, lift, or hold with the hands; "Don't handle the merchandise"
- handle effectively; "The burglar wielded an axe"
- show and train; "The prize-winning poodle was handled by Mrs. Priscilla Prescott"