Definition of 'hang'
You searched for hangs
- a special way of doing something; "he had a bent for it"; "he had a special knack for getting into trouble"; "he couldn't get the hang of it"
Synonyms: bent knack
- the way a garment hangs; "he adjusted the hang of his coat"
- a gymnastic exercise performed on the rings or horizontal bar or parallel bars when the gymnast's weight is supported by the arms
- be suspended or hanging; "The flag hung on the wall"
- cause to be hanging or suspended; "Hang that picture on the wall"
Synonyms: hang up
- kill by hanging; "The murdered was hanged on Friday"
Synonyms: string up
- let drop or droop; "Hang one's head in shame"
- fall or flow in a certain way; "This dress hangs well"; "Her long black hair flowed down her back"
Synonyms: fall flow
- be menacing, burdensome, or oppressive; "This worry hangs on my mind"; "The cloud of suspicion hangs over her"
- give heed (to); "The children in the audience attended the recital quietly"; "She hung on his every word"; "They attended to everything he said"
Synonyms: attend advert pay heed give ear
- be suspended or poised; "Heavy fog hung over the valley"
- hold on tightly or tenaciously; "hang on to your father's hands"; "The child clung to his mother's apron"
- be exhibited; "Picasso hangs in this new wing of the museum"
- prevent from reaching a verdict, of a jury
- decorate or furnish with something suspended; "Hang wallpaper"
- be placed in position as by a hinge; "This cabinet door doesn't hang right!"
- place in position as by a hinge so as to allow free movement in one direction; "hang a door"
- suspend (meat) in order to get a gamey taste; "hang the venison for a few days"