Definition of 'hardened'
See also: harden
- used of persons; emotionally hardened; "faced a case-hardened judge"
Synonyms: case-hardened hard-boiled
- made hard or flexible or resilient especially by heat treatment; "a sword of tempered steel"; "tempered glass"
Synonyms: tempered treated toughened
Antonyms: untempered unhardened
- protected against attack (especially by nuclear weapons); "hardened missile silos"
- made tough by habitual exposure; "hardened fishermen"; "a peasant, dark, lean-faced, wind-inured"- Robert Lynd; "our successors...may be graver, more inured and equable men"- V.S.Pritchett
Synonyms: enured inured
- converted to solid form (as concrete)