Definition of 'hardy'
You searched for hardies
- United States slapstick comedian who played the pompous and overbearing member of the Laurel and Hardy duo who made many films (1892-1957)
Synonyms: Oliver Hardy
- English novelist and poet (1840-1928)
Synonyms: Thomas Hardy
- having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships; "hardy explorers of northern Canada"; "proud of her tall stalwart son"; "stout seamen"; "sturdy young athletes"
Synonyms: stalwart stout sturdy
- resolute and without fear
- able to survive under unfavorable conditions; "strawberries are hardy and easy to grow"; "camels are tough and hardy creatures"