Definition of 'harmonic'
- a tone that is a component of a complex sound
- any of a series of musical tones whose frequencies are integral multiples of the frequency of a fundamental
- of or relating to harmony as distinct from melody and rhythm; "subtleties of harmonic change and tonality"- Ralph Hill
- of or relating to harmonics
- of or relating to the branch of acoustics that studies the composition of musical sounds; "the sound of the resonating cavity cannot be the only determinant of the harmonic response"
- relating to vibrations that occur as a result of vibrations in a nearby body; "sympathetic vibration"
- involving or characterized by harmony
Synonyms: consonant harmonical harmonized harmonised in harmony