Definition of 'harp'
- a chordophone that has a triangular frame consisting of a sounding board and a pillar and a curved neck; the strings stretched between the neck and the soundbox are plucked with the fingers
- a pair of curved vertical supports for a lampshade
- a small rectangular free-reed instrument having a row of free reeds set back in air holes and played by blowing into the desired hole
Synonyms: harmonica mouth organ mouth harp
- come back to; "Don't dwell on the past"; "She is always harping on the same old things"
- play the harp; "She harped the Saint-Saens beautifully"