Definition of 'have'
You searched for having
- a person who possesses great material wealth
Synonyms: rich person wealthy person
- have or possess, either in a concrete or an abstract sense; "She has $1,000 in the bank"; "He has got two beautiful daughters"; "She holds a Master's degree from Harvard"
Synonyms: have got hold
- have as a feature; "This restaurant features the most famous chefs in France"
Antonyms: miss lack
- go through (mental or physical states or experiences); "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "undergo a strange sensation"; "The chemical undergoes a sudden change"; "The fluid undergoes shear"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
Synonyms: experience receive get undergo
- have ownership or possession of; "He owns three houses in Florida"; "How many cars does she have?"
Synonyms: own possess
- cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition; "He got his squad on the ball"; "This let me in for a big surprise"; "He got a girl into trouble"
Synonyms: get let
- serve oneself to, or consume regularly; "Have another bowl of chicken soup!"; "I don't take sugar in my coffee"
Synonyms: consume ingest take in take
Antonyms: abstain refrain desist
- have a personal or business relationship with someone; "have a postdoc"; "have an assistant"; "have a lover"
- organize or be responsible for; "hold a reception"; "have, throw, or make a party"; "give a course"
Synonyms: hold throw make give
- have left; "I have two years left"; "I don't have any money left"; "They have two more years before they retire"
- be confronted with; "What do we have here?"; "Now we have a fine mess"
- undergo; "The stocks had a fast run-up"
- suffer from; be ill with; "She has arthritis"
- cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner; "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
Synonyms: induce stimulate cause get make
- receive willingly something given or offered; "The only girl who would have him was the miller's daughter"; "I won't have this dog in my house!"; "Please accept my present"
Synonyms: accept take
Antonyms: refuse reject pass up turn down decline
- get something; come into possession of; "receive payment"; "receive a gift"; "receive letters from the front"
- undergo (as of injuries and illnesses); "She suffered a fracture in the accident"; "He had an insulin shock after eating three candy bars"; "She got a bruise on her leg"; "He got his arm broken in the scuffle"
Synonyms: suffer sustain get
- achieve a point or goal; "Nicklaus had a 70"; "The Brazilian team got 4 goals"; "She made 29 points that day"
Synonyms: get make
- cause_to_be_born; "My wife had twins yesterday!"
Synonyms: give birth deliver bear birth
- have sex with; archaic use; "He had taken this woman when she was most vulnerable"