Definition of 'hawk'
You searched for hawked
- diurnal bird of prey typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
- an advocate of an aggressive policy on foreign relations
Synonyms: war hawk
Antonyms: dove peacenik
- a square board with a handle underneath; used by masons to hold or carry mortar
- sell or offer for sale from place to place
Synonyms: peddle monger huckster vend pitch
- hunt with hawks; "the tribes like to hawk in the desert"
- clear mucus or food from one's throat; "he cleared his throat before he started to speak"
Synonyms: clear the throat