Definition of 'header'
- a line of text serving to indicate what the passage below it is about; "the heading seemed to have little to do with the text"
Synonyms: heading head
- horizontal beam used as a finishing piece over a door or window
- brick that is laid sideways at the top of a wall
Synonyms: coping cope
- a framing member crossing and supporting the ends of joists, studs, or rafters so as to transfer their weight to parallel joists, studs, or rafters
- a machine that cuts the heads off grain and moves them into a wagon
- (soccer) the act of hitting the ball with your head
- a headlong jump (or fall); "he took a header into the shrubbery"