Definition of 'hear'
- perceive (sound) via the auditory sense
- get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally; "I learned that she has two grown-up children"; "I see that you have been promoted"
Synonyms: learn get word get wind pick up find out get a line discover see
- examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process; "The jury had heard all the evidence"; "The case will be tried in California"
- receive a communication from someone; "We heard nothing from our son for five years"
- listen and pay attention; "Listen to your father"; "We must hear the expert before we make a decision"
Synonyms: listen take heed