Definition of 'hearing'
You searched for hearings
- (law) a proceeding (usually by a court) where evidence is taken for the purpose of determining an issue of fact and reaching a decision based on that evidence
- an opportunity to state your case and be heard; "they condemned him without a hearing"; "he saw that he had lost his audience"
- the range within which a voice can be heard; "the children were told to stay within earshot"
Synonyms: earshot earreach
- the act of hearing attentively; "you can learn a lot by just listening"; "they make good music--you should give them a hearing"
- a session (of a committee or grand jury) in which witnesses are called and testimony is taken; "the investigative committee will hold hearings in Chicago"
- the ability to hear; the auditory faculty; "his hearing was impaired"
Synonyms: audition auditory sense sense of hearing auditory modality
- able to perceive sound