Definition of 'hearty'
- showing warm and heartfelt friendliness; "gave us a cordial reception"; "a hearty welcome"
- providing abundant nourishment; "a hearty meal"; "good solid food"; "ate a substantial breakfast"; "four square meals a day"
Synonyms: satisfying solid square substantial
- endowed with or exhibiting great bodily or mental health; "a hearty glow of health"
Synonyms: full-blooded lusty red-blooded
- consuming abundantly and with gusto; "a hearty (or healthy) appetite"
- without reservation; "hearty support"