Definition of 'heighten'
You searched for heightens
- become more extreme; "The tension heightened"
- make more extreme; raise in quantity, degree, or intensity; "heightened interest"
- increase; "This will enhance your enjoyment"; "heighten the tension"
Synonyms: enhance raise
- increase the height of; "The athletes kept jumping over the steadily heightened bars"
- make (one's senses) more acute; "This drug will sharpen your vision"
- make more intense, stronger, or more marked; "The efforts were intensified", "Her rudeness intensified his dislike for her"; "Pot smokers claim it heightens their awareness"; "This event only deepened my convictions"
Synonyms: intensify compound deepen