Definition of 'help'
You searched for helped
- the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
Synonyms: aid assist assistance
- a resource; "visual aids in teaching"; "economic assistance to depressed areas"
Synonyms: aid assistance
- a means of serving; "of no avail"; "there's no help for it"
Synonyms: avail service
- a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "my invaluable assistant"; "they hired additional help to finish the work"
Synonyms: assistant helper supporter
- give help or assistance; be of service; "Everyone helped out during the earthquake"; "Can you help me carry this table?"; "She never helps around the house"
Synonyms: assist aid
- be of use; "This will help to prevent accidents"
- improve the condition of; "These pills will help the patient"
- abstain from doing; always used with a negative; "I can't help myself--I have to smoke"; "She could not help watching the sad spectacle"
Synonyms: help oneself
- contribute to the furtherance of; "This money will help the development of literacy in developing countries"
- improve; change for the better; "New slipcovers will help the old living room furniture"
- help to some food; help with food or drink; "I served him three times, and after that he helped himself"
- take or use; "She helped herself to some of the office supplies"