Definition of 'hero'
You searched for heroes
- a man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength; "RAF pilots were the heroes of the Battle of Britain"
- the principal character in a play or movie or novel or poem
- someone who fights for a cause
Synonyms: champion fighter paladin
- Greek mathematician and inventor who devised a way to determine the area of a triangle and who described various mechanical devices (first century)
Synonyms: Heron Hero of Alexandria
- (classical mythology) a being of great strength and courage celebrated for bold exploits; often the offspring of a mortal and a god
- (Greek mythology) priestess of Aphrodite who killed herself when her lover Leander drowned while trying to swim the Hellespont to see her
- a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
Synonyms: bomber grinder hero sandwich hoagie hoagy Cuban sandwich Italian sandwich poor boy sub submarine submarine sandwich torpedo wedge zep