Definition of 'hint'
You searched for hinting
- an indirect suggestion; "not a breath of scandal ever touched her"
Synonyms: intimation breath
- a slight indication
- a slight but appreciable addition; "this dish could use a touch of garlic"
Synonyms: touch tinge mite pinch jot speck soupcon
- a just detectable amount; "he speaks French with a trace of an accent"
Synonyms: trace suggestion
- an indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
Synonyms: tip lead steer confidential information wind
- drop a hint; intimate by a hint