Definition of 'hire'
You searched for hiring
- a newly hired employee; "the new hires need special training"
- the act of hiring something or someone; "he signed up for a week's car hire"
- engage or hire for work; "They hired two new secretaries in the department"; "How many people has she employed?"
Synonyms: engage employ
Antonyms: fire give notice can dismiss give the axe send away sack force out give the sack terminate
- hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
Synonyms: rent charter lease
- engage for service under a term of contract; "We took an apartment on a quiet street"; "Let's rent a car"; "Shall we take a guide in Rome?"
Synonyms: lease rent charter engage take