Definition of 'history'
- the aggregate of past events; "a critical time in the school's history"
- the continuum of events occurring in succession leading from the past to the present and even into the future; "all of human history"
- a record or narrative description of past events; "a history of France"; "he gave an inaccurate account of the plot to kill the president"; "the story of exposure to lead"
Synonyms: account chronicle story
- the discipline that records and interprets past events involving human beings; "he teaches Medieval history"; "history takes the long view"
- all that is remembered of the past as preserved in writing; a body of knowledge; "the dawn of recorded history"; "from the beginning of history"