Definition of 'hobble'
- a shackle for the ankles or feet
- the uneven manner of walking that results from an injured leg
Synonyms: hitch limp
- walk impeded by some physical limitation or injury; "The old woman hobbles down to the store every day"
Synonyms: limp gimp hitch
- hamper the action or progress of; "The chairman was hobbled by the all-powerful dean"
- strap the foreleg and hind leg together on each side (of a horse) in order to keep the legs on the same side moving in unison; "hobble race horses"