Definition of 'hole'
- an opening into or through something
- an opening deliberately made in or through something
- one playing period (from tee to green) on a golf course; "he played 18 holes"
Synonyms: golf hole
- an unoccupied space
- a depression hollowed out of solid matter
- a fault; "he shot holes in my argument"
- informal terms for a difficult situation; "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage"
Synonyms: fix jam mess muddle pickle kettle of fish
- informal terms for the mouth
Synonyms: trap cakehole maw yap gob
- hit the ball into the hole
Synonyms: hole out
- make holes in