Definition of 'hollow'
You searched for hollows
- a cavity or space in something; "hunger had caused the hollows in their cheeks"
- a small valley between mountains; "he built himself a cabin in a hollow high up in the Appalachians"
- a depression hollowed out of solid matter
- remove the inner part or the core of; "the mining company wants to excavate the hillside"
Synonyms: excavate dig
- remove the interior of; "hollow out a tree trunk"
Synonyms: hollow out core out
- not solid; having a space or gap or cavity; "a hollow wall"; "a hollow tree"; "hollow cheeks"; "his face became gaunter and more hollow with each year"
- deliberately deceptive; "hollow (or false) promises"; "false pretenses"
- as if echoing in a hollow space; "the hollow sound of footsteps in the empty ballroom"
- devoid of significance or point; "empty promises"; "a hollow victory"; "vacuous comments"
Synonyms: empty vacuous