Definition of 'honorable'
- not disposed to cheat or defraud; not deceptive or fraudulent; "honest lawyers"; "honest reporting"; "an honest wage"; "honest weight"
Antonyms: dishonest dishonorable
- worthy of being honored; entitled to honor and respect; "an honorable man"; "led an honorable life"; "honorable service to his country"
Antonyms: dishonorable dishonourable
- used as a title of respect; "my honorable colleague"; "our worthy commanding officer"
- adhering to ethical and moral principles; "it seems ethical and right"; "followed the only honorable course of action"; "had the moral courage to stand alone"
Synonyms: ethical honourable moral
- deserving of esteem and respect; "all respectable companies give guarantees"; "ruined the family's good name"
Synonyms: estimable good respectable