Definition of 'hood'
- an aggressive and violent young criminal
Synonyms: hoodlum goon punk thug tough toughie strong-armer
- metal covering leading to a vent that exhausts smoke or fumes
Synonyms: exhaust hood
- the folding roof of a carriage
- a headdress that protects the head and face
- protective covering consisting of a metal part that covers the engine; "there are powerful engines under the hoods of new cars"; "the mechanic removed the cowling in order to repair the plane's engine"
Synonyms: bonnet cowl cowling
- cover with a hood; "The bandits were hooded"