Definition of 'hoot'
You searched for hoots
- a loud raucous cry (as of an owl)
- a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
Synonyms: boo Bronx cheer hiss raspberry razzing razz snort bird
- something of little value; "his promise is not worth a damn"; "not worth one red cent"; "not worth shucks"
Synonyms: darn red cent shucks tinker's damn tinker's dam
- to utter a loud clamorous shout; "the toughs and blades of the city hoot and bang their drums, drink arak, play dice, and dance"
- utter the characteristic sound of owls