Definition of 'hop'
You searched for hopping
- the act of hopping; jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot)
- twining perennials having cordate leaves and flowers arranged in conelike spikes; the dried flowers of this plant are used in brewing to add the characteristic bitter taste to beer
- an informal dance where popular music is played
Synonyms: record hop
- jump lightly
Synonyms: skip hop-skip
- move quickly from one place to another
- travel by means of an aircraft, bus, etc.; "She hopped a train to Chicago"; "He hopped rides all over the country"
- make a quick trip especially by air; "Hop the Pacific Ocean"
- jump across; "He hopped the bush"
- make a jump forward or upward