Definition of 'horn'
- a noisemaker (as at parties or games) that makes a loud noise when you blow through it
- one of the bony outgrowths on the heads of certain ungulates
- a noise made by the driver of an automobile to give warning;
- a high pommel of a Western saddle (usually metal covered with leather)
Synonyms: saddle horn
- a brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone; has a narrow tube and a flared bell and is played by means of valves
Synonyms: cornet trumpet trump
- any hard protuberance from the head of an organism that is similar to or suggestive of a horn
- the material (mostly keratin) that covers the horns of ungulates and forms hooves and claws and nails
- an alarm device that makes a loud warning sound
- a brass musical instrument consisting of a conical tube that is coiled into a spiral and played by means of valves
Synonyms: French horn
- a device on an automobile for making a warning noise
Synonyms: automobile horn car horn motor horn hooter
- stab or pierce with a horn or tusk; "the rhino horned the explorer"