Definition of 'hunt'
- Englishman and Pre-Raphaelite painter (1827-1910)
Synonyms: Holman Hunt William Holman Hunt
- United States architect (1827-1895)
Synonyms: Richard Morris Hunt
- British writer who defended the romanticism of Keats and Shelley (1784-1859)
Synonyms: Leigh Hunt James Henry Leigh Hunt
- an association of huntsmen who hunt for sport
Synonyms: hunt club
- an instance of searching for something; "the hunt for submarines"
- the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone
Synonyms: search hunting
- the work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts
- the pursuit and killing or capture of wild animals regarded as a sport
- pursue for food or sport (as of wild animals); "Goering often hunted wild boars in Poland"; "The dogs are running deer"; "The Duke hunted in these woods"
Synonyms: run hunt down track down
- pursue or chase relentlessly; "The hunters traced the deer into the woods"; "the detectives hounded the suspect until they found the him"
Synonyms: hound trace
- chase away, with as with force; "They hunted the unwanted immigrants out of the neighborhood"
- yaw back and forth about a flight path; "the plane's nose yawed"
- oscillate about a desired speed, position, or state to an undesirable extent; "The oscillator hunts about the correct frequency"
- seek, search for; "She hunted for her reading glasses but was unable to locate them"
- search (an area) for prey; "The King used to hunt these forests"